I am so pleased as I have finished the Blooming Flower cushion that I started on our trip to Hong Kong – hurrah! You want to see it?
Thanks to our little break from the internet there was no knitting to be done as the patterns for all of my wips were online (damnit). Most of my evenings were therefore spent hooking away – not that that is a bad thing, I had just intended to get my Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan finished sooner rather than later i.e. before the weather gets too warm!
As I was working to my own size cushion (45cm round x 5cm deep), rather than to an exact pattern I had no idea how much yarn I would need. When I bought the yarn (yes, I know I said I was going to be concentrating on stash busting) I took a guess at three balls at 100g/200m each. I actually used the best part of four balls in the end.
Despite having the cushion pad in full view whilst hooking (had to keep checking for size), I was surprised at how large the finished cushion was! How daft is that? I really is quite mammoth
Here are my project details if you too would like a massive cushion….
- Front – I made the initial/central round then 20 rounds of crochet and petals
- Back – again the central round then 20 rounds of crochet
- Sides – from row 20 on the back of the cushion I hooked a round of treble crochet from the back loops only and then two more rows of treble
- Joining up – the front and back/sides were connected with a slip stitch all the way around. Remarkably I was only one stitch out
This is quite obviously not as stunning as Lucy’s from Attic24 but you know what I love it and have already received several compliments. Now it needs some friends so I need to get planning as to what will come next