Cactus in a Pot : FPP pdf pattern
The Cactus in a Pot FPP pattern makes a Catus that requires absoloutely no watering at all!
The completed block measures 10″ x 14″.
You could make it up on it’s own and use it for a mini wall hanging, or add some sashing strips to the outer edges and use it to turn into a tote bag. You could even use it to make up a cushion as you can see in one of the pictures.
The Cactus in a Pot Foundation Paper Piecing pattern makes a 10″ x 14″ block. Make sure that you print your pattern pieces Actual Size in order to create a block in this size. Have a read of my blog post on How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns for tips on getting it right first time.
Your purchase of the Cactus in a Pot pdf download includes two files:
- pdf Cactus in a Pot pattern instructions (5 pages).
- FPP pattern pieces, digitally drawn and reversed (4 pages). The pattern pages have been designed in a way that allows them to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper.
- There are a couple of small pieces and pieces at slightly odd angles so I would recommend this pattern to people with intermediate paper piecing skills.
- There are a few places (about 5) where it’s good to get the seams matching (when joining sections), but other than that it’s relatively straightforward.
- This pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no FPP technique tips included with the instructions.
- For details on how to print out your pdf pattern right first time, read my blog post ‘How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns’. Drop by the facebook page if you have any further questions
- If you are new to Foundation Paper Piecing or are looking for some tips, then have a watch of the Spools of Thread FPP Sew-Along series. I take you through the tools required and the basic skills and techniques used for FPP. Weeks 1 and 2 are the most relevant.
- If you are looking to make a cushion with piping I have a tutorial on how to make your own piping
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP block.
This Christmas Stocking is a really super festive make. There are two different style options (Plain or Patterned) each facing left or right and there are two different tree options included for the Patterned version. The pattern is also compatible with the Mini FPP Alphabet, opening up lots of opportunities for personalisation!
Finished size 4″ x 6″
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP project.
Christmas is such a wonderful time of year and is a fabulous opportunity to flex your sewing skills. There’s nothing nicer than a few home made decorations that become firm family favourites. The Santa and Mrs Claus cushions are bound to have a special place in your home at Christmas for many years to come!
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating both the Santa and Mrs Claus block. There are also step-by-step instructions for turning the blocks into cushions, perfect for decorating your home for many Christmas seasons to come.
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP block
We all love a heart when it comes to patchwork and quilting and this one is great as it’s super simple and stitches up really quickly!
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating the Simple Heart FPP block in five different sizes, ranging from the tiny 2″ up to the much larger 10″. Lots of options for your patchwork projects!
This Mountain Range looks great as hoop art or would look striking added to a mini quilt or a cushion.
It’s a simple and satisfying make that is the perfect opportunity to allow you to practise and perfect your EPP skills.
This pattern features the EPP Mountain Range in three different sizes.
see below for further details