Cactus in a Pot : FPP pdf pattern
The Cactus in a Pot FPP pattern makes a Catus that requires absoloutely no watering at all!
The completed block measures 10″ x 14″.
You could make it up on it’s own and use it for a mini wall hanging, or add some sashing strips to the outer edges and use it to turn into a tote bag. You could even use it to make up a cushion as you can see in one of the pictures.
The Cactus in a Pot Foundation Paper Piecing pattern makes a 10″ x 14″ block. Make sure that you print your pattern pieces Actual Size in order to create a block in this size. Have a read of my blog post on How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns for tips on getting it right first time.
Your purchase of the Cactus in a Pot pdf download includes two files:
- pdf Cactus in a Pot pattern instructions (5 pages).
- FPP pattern pieces, digitally drawn and reversed (4 pages). The pattern pages have been designed in a way that allows them to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper.
- There are a couple of small pieces and pieces at slightly odd angles so I would recommend this pattern to people with intermediate paper piecing skills.
- There are a few places (about 5) where it’s good to get the seams matching (when joining sections), but other than that it’s relatively straightforward.
- This pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no FPP technique tips included with the instructions.
- For details on how to print out your pdf pattern right first time, read my blog post ‘How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns’. Drop by the facebook page if you have any further questions
- If you are new to Foundation Paper Piecing or are looking for some tips, then have a watch of the Spools of Thread FPP Sew-Along series. I take you through the tools required and the basic skills and techniques used for FPP. Weeks 1 and 2 are the most relevant.
- If you are looking to make a cushion with piping I have a tutorial on how to make your own piping
The Facets of the Heart FPP pattern makes a beautiful, slightly rounded heart. Make it up in a whole rainbow of colours or make one up in one solid colour to make a bold statement. You could even try out several tones of the same colour.
Just imagine how stunning it would look as a wall hanging or incorporated into a quilt. It would also look great on a cushion or pillow cover.
UPDATED PATTERN – now includes 5 different block sizes!
This Mini FPP Alphabet is just so versatile. You can use the letters to add personalisation to any number of projects, or combine the letters to make up signs or motivational messages!
Each completed block measures 1.5” wide x 2” high.
Blocks can be combined with the Spools of Thread FPP pattern to create all sorts of sewing themed projects!
See below for further information.
This listing is for a PAPER version of this FPP project
Christmas is such a wonderful time of year and is a fabulous opportunity to flex your sewing skills. There’s nothing nicer than a few home made decorations that become firm family favourites. The Santa and Mrs Claus cushions are bound to have a special place in your home at Christmas for many years to come!
This PAPER pattern includes full sized templates for creating both the Santa and Mrs Claus block. There are also step-by-step instructions for turning the blocks into cushions, perfect for decorating your home for many Christmas seasons to come.
POSTAGE – please note that paper patterns are currently shipping from Gibraltar, bear this in mind when awaiting your delivery
NEW Downloadable PDF pattern!
The Point on Point quilt is a modern and simple design which comes together pleasingly quickly. It’s a design that is a geometric, modern take on an art deco fan design. The pattern includes full instructions for making the Point on Point quilt in 4 sizes.
This PDF download comes with a FREE bonus supplement that guides you through four different variations to the main pattern, each of which has numerous different quilt layout options…too many to count!
This listing is for a PDF downloadable copy of the Point on Point pattern. You will not receive a physical copy. See other listing for a paper version.
See more information in the description below.