Cactus in a Pot : FPP pdf pattern
The Cactus in a Pot FPP pattern makes a Catus that requires absoloutely no watering at all!
The completed block measures 10″ x 14″.
You could make it up on it’s own and use it for a mini wall hanging, or add some sashing strips to the outer edges and use it to turn into a tote bag. You could even use it to make up a cushion as you can see in one of the pictures.
The Cactus in a Pot Foundation Paper Piecing pattern makes a 10″ x 14″ block. Make sure that you print your pattern pieces Actual Size in order to create a block in this size. Have a read of my blog post on How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns for tips on getting it right first time.
Your purchase of the Cactus in a Pot pdf download includes two files:
- pdf Cactus in a Pot pattern instructions (5 pages).
- FPP pattern pieces, digitally drawn and reversed (4 pages). The pattern pages have been designed in a way that allows them to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper.
- There are a couple of small pieces and pieces at slightly odd angles so I would recommend this pattern to people with intermediate paper piecing skills.
- There are a few places (about 5) where it’s good to get the seams matching (when joining sections), but other than that it’s relatively straightforward.
- This pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no FPP technique tips included with the instructions.
- For details on how to print out your pdf pattern right first time, read my blog post ‘How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns’. Drop by the facebook page if you have any further questions
- If you are new to Foundation Paper Piecing or are looking for some tips, then have a watch of the Spools of Thread FPP Sew-Along series. I take you through the tools required and the basic skills and techniques used for FPP. Weeks 1 and 2 are the most relevant.
- If you are looking to make a cushion with piping I have a tutorial on how to make your own piping
Other Popular Patterns
Rated 5.00 out of 5£5.00
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP project.
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating the LOVE FPP block. There are also step-by-step instructions for turning the block into a cushion. It will make a great addition to your home, or will even make a wonderful gift!
See the Gallery of Customer Makes to see how other people have made theirs!
The Striped Easter Egg FPP pattern makes a fun 8″ Easter themed block. It will look fabulous in a range of muted pastel tones.
Just imagine how stunning it would look as a mini wall hanging or incorporated into a larger quilt. It would also look great on a cushion or pillow cover, perfect for decorating your home at Easter.
£3.50 – £8.00
Santa is such a jolly fellow and his happy face is bound to bring a smile to yours!
You can buy the pdf pattern on its own or enrol on the On Demand Class (copy of pdf included)
The PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating Santa’s face in two different block sizes: 6″ and 10″