Cactus in a Pot : FPP pdf pattern
The Cactus in a Pot FPP pattern makes a Catus that requires absoloutely no watering at all!
The completed block measures 10″ x 14″.
You could make it up on it’s own and use it for a mini wall hanging, or add some sashing strips to the outer edges and use it to turn into a tote bag. You could even use it to make up a cushion as you can see in one of the pictures.
The Cactus in a Pot Foundation Paper Piecing pattern makes a 10″ x 14″ block. Make sure that you print your pattern pieces Actual Size in order to create a block in this size. Have a read of my blog post on How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns for tips on getting it right first time.
Your purchase of the Cactus in a Pot pdf download includes two files:
- pdf Cactus in a Pot pattern instructions (5 pages).
- FPP pattern pieces, digitally drawn and reversed (4 pages). The pattern pages have been designed in a way that allows them to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper.
- There are a couple of small pieces and pieces at slightly odd angles so I would recommend this pattern to people with intermediate paper piecing skills.
- There are a few places (about 5) where it’s good to get the seams matching (when joining sections), but other than that it’s relatively straightforward.
- This pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no FPP technique tips included with the instructions.
- For details on how to print out your pdf pattern right first time, read my blog post ‘How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns’. Drop by the facebook page if you have any further questions
- If you are new to Foundation Paper Piecing or are looking for some tips, then have a watch of the Spools of Thread FPP Sew-Along series. I take you through the tools required and the basic skills and techniques used for FPP. Weeks 1 and 2 are the most relevant.
- If you are looking to make a cushion with piping I have a tutorial on how to make your own piping
Other Popular Patterns
Rated 5.00 out of 5£5.00
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP project.
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating the LOVE FPP block. There are also step-by-step instructions for turning the block into a cushion. It will make a great addition to your home, or will even make a wonderful gift!
See the Gallery of Customer Makes to see how other people have made theirs!
- Over 2 hours of in-depth, on demand video tutorials covering everything from start to finish.
- Real time video lessons (nothing sped up!), organised into smaller lessons so that you can learn on your own timetable, at your own pace. Pause and rewind or re-watch as often as you like.
- FREE pdf copy of the Santa FPP block pattern in two sizes (see the course materials tab once you have enrolled).
Read more about the Santa FPP Block On Demand Class on the class page and watch the intro video
Read more about the Santa pdf pattern on the product page
£5.00 – £25.00
A wonderful make for yourself or to give as a gift.
Pattern features 4 front cover options and there are two styles of the optional slip pocket.
Find out all about the Nifty Needlebook On Demand Class (copy of pattern included)
Christmas is such a wonderful time of year and is a fabulous opportunity to flex your sewing skills. There’s nothing nicer than a few home made decorations that become firm family favourites. The Santa and Mrs Claus cushions are bound to have a special place in your home at Christmas for many years to come!
The Santa and Mrs Claus Cushion pattern is available as either a pdf or printed paper pattern. Each version of the pattern includes full sizes pattern pieces for the central block plus step-by-step instructions for turning the blocks into cushions, perfect for decorating your home for many Christmas seasons to come.
See full description below for details on the differences between the pdf and the paper pattern, please check before purchase.