LOVE FPP Block and Cushion
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP project and block pattern.
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating the LOVE FPP block in two different sizes: 6″ and 10″. There are also step-by-step instructions for turning the 10″ block into a cushion. It will make a great addition to your home, or will even make a wonderful gift!
See the Gallery of Customer Makes to see how other people have used their LOVE blocks!
The LOVE Foundation Paper Piecing pattern features two finished block sizes: 6″ and 10″ plus comprehensive instructions for turning the 10″ block into a cushion. Once finished, your LOVE cushion will measure approximately 14″ square.
Your purchase of the LOVE Cushion pdf download includes three files:
:: pdf LOVE Cushion and Block pattern instructions (10 pages)
:: Pattern Pieces in two versions:
- Tiled FPP pattern pieces (4 pages). Pages are designed in a way that allows them to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper. Some pages will need to be joined together to complete a couple of the larger pattern pieces for the 10″ block
- Large Format pattern pieces on A3 paper (11.7″ x 16.5″), great if you prefer to have your patterns printed by a copy shop or have a large format printer at home. This file features just the 10″ block pattern pieces
If you are new to downloadable pdf patterns then have a look at the blog post How to Assemble pdf Sewing Patterns
The pdf INSTRUCTIONS feature:
:: 10 page full colour instructions
:: Fabric requirements for making the cushion (see final picture for details)
:: Fabric cutting guide
:: Colouring diagram
:: Diagram for joining the FPP sections
:: Instructions for making and applying piping
:: Instructions for making an envelope back
The PATTERN PAGES feature:
:: Digitally drawn pattern pieces
:: 1/4″ seam allowances on all sections
:: Reversed so you create blocks that looks exactly as the illustration
:: Coloured to make construction as easy as possible
When it comes to the paper piecing element of the project, I would recommend this pattern to a confident beginner. There are no terribly small pieces, no seams to match and the sections come together quite quickly.
This pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no FPP technique tips included with the instructions.
Other Popular Patterns
£3.50 – £8.00
Snow at Christmas is something so many of us dream about, even if only so that we can make a snowman! If you’re lacking in snow but are looking for a Snowman fix then the Snowman FPP block will be perfect for you !
You can buy the pdf pattern on its own or enrol on the On Demand Class (copy of pdf included)
The PDF pattern includes full sized templates for creating Santa’s face in two different block sizes: 6″ and 10″
See the Snowman On Demand Class page for more information
A jolly Snowman and a reliable Reindeer are two characters that Christmas wouldn’t be the same without!
The Snowman and Reindeer FPP Cushions pattern is available as either a downloadable pdf or printed paper pattern. Each version of the pattern includes full sized pattern pieces for the central block plus step-by-step instructions for turning the blocks into cushions, perfect for decorating your home at Christmas.
See full description below for details on the differences between the pdf and the paper pattern, please check before purchase.
PAPER PATTERNS out of stock. A small number will be for sale on Natasha Makes Monday 29th November, along with fabric bundles.
- Nearly 3 hours of in-depth, on demand video tutorials covering everything from start to finish.
- Real time video lessons (nothing sped up!), organised into smaller lessons so that you can learn on your own timetable, at your own pace. Pause and rewind or re-watch as often as you like.
- FREE pdf copy of the Snowman FPP block pattern in two sizes (see the Course Materials tab once you have enrolled).
Read more about the Snowman FPP Block On Demand Class on the class page and watch the intro video. Class launches 20th November
Read more about the Snowman pdf pattern on the product page