Spools of Thread :: FPP pdf pattern
The Spools of Thread mini quilt is a fabulous place to start if you are new to FPP.
There is a 4 week long Sew-Along that holds your hand through the whole process of FPP and making this mini quilt. Start with week 1 of the Spools of Thread Sew-Along here
This Spools of Thread mini quilt is a fantastic introduction to Foundation Paper Piecing. The piecing is simple, yet effective and the whole thing comes together relatively quickly.
Mini quilts make great wall hangings for your sewing space and are a great way to practice new techniques. They are also a great way to use up some of your saved up scraps or allow to you use small amounts of something special.
Each of the nine spools are made using FPP techniques that are suitable for beginners. The remainder of the mini is made using traditional piecing techniques. This pdf pattern assumes that you already know how to paper piece so there are no technique tips included with the instructions.
Follow the Sew-Along where I take you through making this project from start to finish.
Your completed mini quilt will measure approximately 13.5″ x 15″. Print out the FPP pattern pages Actual Size (rather than ‘fit to page’) in order to create a finished mini of the same size.
This listing is for a pdf download and not a paper copy of the pattern. You will receive the following to print out:
1. The Step by Step Instructions (7 pages) feature:
• Fabric requirements
• Colouring diagram
• Fabric cutting instructions
• Printing guidance
• FPP block construction notes
• Mini construction steps with colour illustrations
2. The Pattern Pieces file (3 pages) includes:
• Digitally drawn FPP pattern pieces
• Pattern pieces for each spool, no duplication required
• 1/4″ seam allowances marked around the outside edges
In the Spools of Thread gallery of images you’ll see pictures of my own makes plus the projects made by customers that followed the video tutorials and a few from the team of testers that helped me check the pattern.
Other Popular Patterns
- Nearly 3 hours of in-depth, on demand video tutorials covering everything from start to finish.
- Real time video lessons (nothing sped up!), organised into smaller lessons so that you can learn on your own timetable, at your own pace. Pause and rewind or re-watch as often as you like.
- FREE pdf copy of the Snowman FPP block pattern in two sizes (see the Course Materials tab once you have enrolled).
Read more about the Snowman FPP Block On Demand Class on the class page and watch the intro video. Class launches 20th November
Read more about the Snowman pdf pattern on the product page
A jolly Snowman and a reliable Reindeer are two characters that Christmas wouldn’t be the same without!
The Snowman and Reindeer FPP Cushions pattern is available as either a downloadable pdf or printed paper pattern. Each version of the pattern includes full sized pattern pieces for the central block plus step-by-step instructions for turning the blocks into cushions, perfect for decorating your home at Christmas.
See full description below for details on the differences between the pdf and the paper pattern, please check before purchase.
PAPER PATTERNS out of stock. A small number will be for sale on Natasha Makes Monday 29th November, along with fabric bundles.
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF version of this FPP block
The Beach Hut FPP block will have you dreaming of days at the seaside all year round!
This PDF pattern includes full sized templates for making a Foundation Paper Pieced Beach Hut block in 6″ or 10″.