So, hands up, who loves to add hearts to their patchwork projects? The heart is such a popular shape and I think it is because the shape is so lovely and perhaps it is a reflection of the love that we put into projects that we make with care for ourselves and the ones that we love!
As you well know, I truly love Foundation Paper Piecing and I know so many of you do too! I have the Facets of the Heart FPP pattern, but I’ll admit, it’s probably not the first pattern you would try as a beginner. This led me to think about a simpler design for a heart that would be great for beginner, but would also be super as a quick make for those more comfortable with Foundation Paper Piecing as a skill.
You will love this pattern as it will be great for adding to so many of your patchwork projects. The great thing about this pattern (other than the wonderful layout I use) is that it includes 5 block sizes, ranging from the weenie 2″ up to a slightly lager 10″ version. I can’t wait to see what projects you make with the Simple FPP Heart pattern!
Downloadable pdf Pattern – Simple FPP Heart Block
Downloadable patterns are so great for when you are looking to buy and get sewing straight away. With your purchase you will receive three downloadable pdf documents:
Simple FPP Heart Block Instructions (5 pages)
- Coloured illustration of the block
- Blank diagram for colouring in/planning fabric placement
- Advice on printing and assembling some of the downloadable pattern pieces
- Instructions and diagrams to help with joining the two sections
Pattern Pieces (2 file formats)
- Digitally drawn pattern pieces for all five block sizes
- 1/4″ seam allowances on all sections
- Reversed so you create a block that looks exactly as the illustration
- Coloured and labelled to make construction as easy as possible
- Supplied in two formats:
- A4 tiled pattern pieces, ideal for printing at home
- A2 large format great if you have access to a large format printer or would like to use a copy shop
Share Your Makes
The Simple FPP Heart looks great in any of the sizes and can be used on any number of projects. It looks equally as good in a solid as it does in a ditsy print. How will you use your Simple FPP Heart?
GALLERY COMING SOON….
Have a look at the Gallery of Makes on the website to see how some people have made theirs and get inspired for your next project.
If you would like to have your project added to the gallery you can message me on social media or you can use #simpleFPPheart. Alternatively send me an email and I’ll get it added as soon as I can.
Where to buy
The online shop has a range of pdf patterns available for purchase and immediate download, including the Simple FPP Heart pattern. There’s a link for you below….
More Foundation Paper Piecing Patterns
I have a number of other FPP patterns available to purchase should you be bitten by the FPP bug like me!