I am so, so excited to tell you all about the Block of the Month Quilt programme that I have designed exclusively for Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew, featuring Lewis & Irene fabrics!
Introducing you to ….
This is not your usual Block of the Month programme and I am sure that you will love how we have designed it. Your subscription is packed full of features and benefits and I really hope that you’ll join us. Read on for lots more detail below!
Working with Nikola and the team at Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew has been so great as they have such great passion for sewing and are constantly inspiring people to get creating. Of course, working with Lewis & Irene fabrics is always a joy, so being able to help Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew introduce their new prints to people is such a privilege.
What is a Block of the Month?
Block of the Month (or BOM) is generally a subscription programme where you work on a quilt, one block at a time, one month at a time. By the time 12 months are up you’ve created a quilt!
It means that you are able to make a quilt in smaller, more manageable chunks of time. Sometimes the concept of making a whole quilt can be quiet daunting, so joining a BOM programme such as the Patchwork and Quilting Club with Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew takes away a lot of the ‘pressure’
How does ‘The Patchwork and Quilting Club’ differ from other BOM programmes?
This BOM is of the mystery style in that we’re not sharing with you the finished design. This is not because we are trying to be sneaky or mysterious, but because there’s so much flexibility with regards to what you make each month. No two quilts will be the same! Think of it as a mystery sampler quilt if you like.
The Patchwork and Quilting Club launches in Feb 2021, but don’t worry, you can start in March, or April, or even May and you will still start with block 1.
The fabric collection that is sent out every month will change, so your quilt will be in the style of a ‘scrappy sampler’. Lewis & Irene fabrics, however all tend to work beautifully together, and they will all be brought together by the Bumbleberries Cream for the background . The block 1 of someone who starts in Feb will be different to the block 1 of someone who signs up to start in March, even if it’s just by virtue of the fact that you have had different fabrics to work with.
What’s included in The Patchwork and Quilting Club?
- FABRICS – Every month you will receive 1 Fat Quarter of Lewis & Irene Bumbleberries in Cream plus 4 Fat Eighths from a newly released Lewis & Irene collection. Each month will feature a different collection of Lewis & Irene fabrics, what an absolute treat!
- THREAD – In your monthly package you’ll also get a reel of coordinating thread
- INSTRUCTIONS – Each month there will be a new full colour printed instruction booklet featuring illustrations, cutting guides, step by step instructions plus some extra variations.
- DEMONSTRATIONS – You will have access to exclusive video demonstrations covering the making of each block.
- COMMUNITY – There will also be a private Facebook group where you can share your makes and I’ll pop in from time to time to answer any questions you may have.
- 10% DISCOUNT – in your monthly Patchwork and Quilting Club newsletter there will be a 10% discount to spend in the Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew online store
- A TREAT – as if all that wasn’t enough there will also be a little treat in your package…how exciting!
What about Backing and Binding?
You will also receive an exclusive offer from Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew should you wish to buy wadding and fabrics for your backing and binding.
Who is The Patchwork and Quilting Club suitable for?
The Patchwork and Quilting Club has something for everyone. Each block looks at a different style or technique, perfect for the beginner quilter. To keep things interesting for everyone, every month you will ALSO be given block variations or a more challenging version to try. This means that if you are more experienced when it comes to patchwork and quilting, but want something to focus on each month, there is still something for you.
How big will the Quilt be?
Each block that you work on each month, regardless of the variant you choose, will end up as 12” x 12”. Sashing will be added to the blocks, so the finished quilt will measure 48″ x 63″.
How Can I Sign Up?
Pop over to the Little Miss Sew ‘n’ Sew website where you can sign up for The Patchwork and Quilting Club. You can sign up on a month by month basis, or you can sign up for the whole programme and save 10%!
I think that covers just about everything! It would be fabulous if some of you would like to join me for this great project. Sign up today and I’ll see you in February!