This is the Christmas Stocking FPP pattern you have been looking for … promise! It’s a fabulous little block pattern with lots of possibilities.
This downloadable pdf pattern has two different style options and two different tree styles. Each design can be made left or right facing. In addition I have designed the pattern to be compatible with the Mini FPP Alphabet (see below for more information). So many options for creating the perfect little Christmas Stocking.
The finished block will measure 4″ wide x 6″ high
Christmas Stocking Style Options
The Christmas Stocking FPP pdf pattern has lots of options that allow you to create the following Stockings:
- Style 1 – Plain – Right facing
- Style 1 – Plain – Left facing
- Style 2 – Patterned – Plain Tree – Right facing
- Style 2 – Patterned – Plain Tree – Left facing
- Style 2 – Patterned – Fancy Tree – Right facing
- Style 2 – Patterned – Fancy Tree – Left facing (pictured here)
In addition, the Christmas Stocking pattern has been designed to be compatible with the Mini FPP Alphabet pattern. This allows you to personalise your Christmas Stocking (see below for more details).
Christmas Stocking PDF Pattern
Downloadable PDF patterns are brilliant as you can buy, download, print and start sewing straight away! Your purchase of the pdf download includes one file (13 pages) that includes both your instructions and the pattern pieces:
Christmas Stocking FPP Instructions
- Coloured illustration of the block
- Blank diagrams of each of the style options for colouring/planning fabric placement
- Diagrams for joining the FPP sections, including where it’s important to match seams
- Guidance on printing the pattern pieces the correct size
- Digitally drawn pattern pieces for all of the block variations and the two tree styles
- 1/4″ seam allowances on all sections
- Reversed so you create a block that looks exactly as you want it to (left or right facing)
- Coloured and labelled to make construction as easy as possible
- Laid out to print on A4 or Letter paper
Personalise Your Christmas Stocking
When I design patterns, where I can, I like to give you options or suggestions as to how you can make it your own. With the Christmas Stocking pattern I have designed it so that it is compatible with the Mini FPP Alphabet. What this means is…..PERSONALISATION!!!!
The Mini FPP Alphabet contains individual patterns for all of the letters of the alphabet so you can add an initial to make a Christmas Stocking for someone special. In this picture here I have used the letter E and I am sure that Emily will be looking for this little block to be turned into something special for her for Christmas.
Included with the Mini FPP Alphabet are also several characters….in particular the Heart and Star will look great with the Christmas Stocking.
Share Your Makes
I can’t wait to see how you use this pattern and the fabrics that you choose. It’s always great to see how everyone can take the same pattern and create something different! One of my pattern testers made a fabulous version with a pink Christmas Tree…it’s just so, so cute!
You can message me on social media or you can use #stockingpp.Everyone can then see what you’ve been getting up to.
Where to Buy
The Christmas Stocking FPP pattern is available in digital downloadable format from the online shop, see the details below. Don’t forget that it’s compatible with the Mini FPP Alphabet so remember to pick up a copy of that too if you’ve not done so already!
More Christmas Patterns
I have a selection of other Christmas patterns on the website that you might also like to try: